Beauty Switch by Oge

Want Brighter Skin? Why Vitamin C Is the Answer

You might think of vitamin C as a good ol' citrusy immunity booster, shelved in your medicine cabinet for when you need to kick a cold. But when applied topically, it's a powerful addition to an anti-aging skin-care regimen. "Vitamin C is essential in collagen synthesis," says Dendy Engelman, a dermatologist at Manhattan Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery. How does the magic work? When applied to the skin directly, the antioxidant neutralizes free radicals (atoms or molecules with an unpaired electron) that age you. "When a free radical steals an electron from one of the proteins in a strand of collagen, it creates a tiny break in the strand," Engelman explains. The more breaks you retain, the more damage you'll see as skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Since vitamin C is an electron donor, Engelman says it helps reverse and prevent signs of aging. Use it to keep skin firm and youthful and protect yourself from UV rays. Here are 12 products that'll do just that...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:34 pm

    First off I would like to say awesome blog! I
    had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do
    not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.
    I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out.
    I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10
    to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or
    hints? Kudos!

    Also visit my homepage :: t shirt creator

    ReplyDelete